|Mission: Promote adoption of Trap Neuter Return as the preferred |
|strategy for humanely managing and reducing free-roaming cat |
populations in south central Pennsylvania.
|Organizational Goal: Reduce existing unaltered free-roaming |
|domestic feline populations by 80 percent in south central |
Pennsylvania by 2022.
|Nobody’s cats are everybody’s cats.
Strategies and Resources:
If you are a believer in Trap Neuter Return there are many ways you can help The
Nobody’s Cats Foundation implement its strategies and mission. Here are just some of
the opportunities. Have an idea of your own? Let us know what you think by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 855-TNR-4CAT.
- Distributing our bi-monthly newsletter to libraries, municipal facilities, veterinarians,
and others in your neighborhood or elsewhere throughout the area.
- Providing logistics support for seminars and presentations such as helping with
registration and preparing materials such as the TNR Toolbox binder.
- Coordinating awareness-raising programs for primary and secondary students in
your district or elsewhere throughout the area.
- Staffing informational booths for National Night Out and other community events.
- Coordinating or supporting annual activities for Spay Day USA (February) and
National Feral Cat Day (October).
- As we near opening of our clinic facility, we will need help with retail sales at the
site at specified times during the week and on the weekend.
- Joining the Cleaning Team that will clean the bathroom, vacuum, wash windows
and provide similar support each week.
- Building feeding stations and shelters to distribute to colony caretakers. We
provide plans and even the space for assembly if needed. These shelters and
feeding stations are provided FREE to our local caretakers.
- Helping pick up and deliver supplies such as cat food for colony caretakers.
- Organizing donations of clinic supplies from the public, including local businesses.
- Coordinating or staffing events such as yard or book sales, breakfasts or dinners,
and sandwich sales to raise funds for our programs. No event or activity is too
small because every dollar helps spay or neuter a cat.
- Helping with monthly Low-Cost Vaccine Clinic fundraisers at our facility that we
hope to start providing by mid-year 2013.
As of January 2013, we seek qualified individuals to serve as Volunteer Manager,
Monthly Vaccine Clinic Manager, and Donation Manager. We also seek experienced TNR
advocates with excellent people skills to join our Mentor Network to provide guidance to
|The Nobody's Cats Foundation, PO Box 725, New Cumberland, PA 17070-0725